1. Certificate Course (3 Essential modules completing in 3 months)
Essential Modules (Module I, II & III) - Each module is of two days duration (Every month)
- Introduction to Orthodontics
- Understanding Fixed Orthodontics
- Scope of Orthodontics Introduction to straight wire appliance
- Importance of skeletal, dentition and soft tissue relationship in orthodontics.
- Goals of orthodontics. Classification of malocclusion.
- Understanding class I, class II & class III malocclusion,varitation and their orthodontic consideration.
- Discrepancy in skeletal growth and it\'s implications.
- Frequently used orthodontic terms.
- Diagnosis of orthodontics patients.
- Importance of study model, photograph & x- rays.
Armamentarium set up.
- Treatment planning in detail.
- Treatment planning for class I malocclusion, mid line, crosses bite, crowding, open bite, deep bite and spacing.
- Expansion screw, tooth born and tissue born
- Understanding extraction vs non extraction vs expansion vs proximal striping
- Treatment planning for class II malocclusion
- Treatment options for class II in growing and adults patient.
- Orthopedic and functional appliances used in class II malocclusion.
- Importance of twin block.
- Bite registration for twin block.
- Introduction to fixed functional appliances.
- Treatment for class III malocclusion in growing patient and adult patients.
- Methods of gaining space
- Therapeutic extraction.
- Special emphasis on deep bite management in growing and adult patients.
Hands on: Intra-oral and Extra-oral photography